Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 35 Back to Normal

What an awesome day this is going to be.  Now that all the testing is behind me, I feel relaxed and calm.  Chipper is getting a bath, all the supplies are on the counter to make six dozen cuppies for Mel's Wedding Party.   The yardman was here and the lawn is mowed, it's a little overcast and making me want an early healing nap.  I'm going to finish two paintings for the gallery in Austin and get those ready to ship by the weekend.

Today's menu started with my coffee (Yay!) and 1/2 slice Ezekiel Bread with a little raw almond butter.  Then I had the cottage cheese/flax oil smoothie.   I'm craving more noodle soup since yesterday so I think lunch will be broth with carrots, celery, mushrooms, rice noodles and some finely sliced napa cabbage.   Yum.  That makes me hungry already.  This afternoon I'll have fresh apple, celery, carrot and grape juice.  I'm thinking that tonight I'll have nachos.  I have gluten free chips that I'll put refried beans on, some sliced avocado and a fresh peach/mango salsa.   In between there is my granola........sliced almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries...... if I get hungry. 

I usually have no problem staying with my eating program unless I'm tired and don't have enough energy to cook.  When I'm tired, my resolve disappears and I have several times given in to eat what I shouldn't.  It sometimes isn't easy to eat this way.  But, I don't want my body expending it's energy on digesting food that doesn't benefit my health when that energy could be spent on fighting the enemy.  I want the fuel that I feed my body to be the highest propane possible.

I was thinking the other day that if  someone walked up to any one of us and placed the keys to a Maserati in our hands and said, "Here, it's yours, free of charge.  It's running perfectly and all you have to do is maintain it"  we would be incredibly diligent in maintaining that priceless machine.  We would probably polish it daily and use only the highest quality fuel to keep it at peak performance.   Well, that's what God did when He gifted us with a precious body within which to house our soul.  It is a truly miraculous machine, an amazing gift.  Unfortunately, most of us take our healthy body for granted until a life threatening condition develops.  But, knowing our weaknesses, God has encoded in that body such forgiving powers that as soon as we begin to care for our bodies properly, most of those conditions disappear.   Even when the help of medical intervention is needed, we can still be a catalyst for the success of that intervention by the care we give our body.  

Good Morning Father,  Thank You so much for the gift of this precious body that You have given me.  Please forgive me for not treating it in the past as the miraculous creation that it is.  Thank You for the healing powers that you have placed within each of us.  Help me and all those fighting this hated enemy to do whatever necessary to activate those healing powers.  We're willing to do the work Lord.  In return, please keep us in the palm of Your hand today.  Let us be an example to others of what Your supernatural powers can do.   
In Jesus' name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment