Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 26 Don't Give Cancer the Credit

I've whined for days about how tired, how fatigued I am.  Of course, I blamed it on cancer.  But no!  I am not giving cancer credit for anything.  No credit to cancer.  Not for anything.  Yesterday, around 11am, I started to come out of the fog of fatigue and was able to get up off the couch.  I started to smile and to move and to feel really good again.  I even dusted the furniture, for goodness sake.  I never do that until I have to.  Well, okay, I really had to.  Then I painted and painted and painted.  Woo hoo! 

I realized this morning what the real culprit was.  On Monday, I got a double dose of radioactive iv, one  so they could check my heart before the treadmill and again to check it after.  This to be sure my heart can withstand the rigors of surgery.  After all, I'm not a spring chicken.  Not even a summer chicken.  Guess maybe you could say I'm actually a late summer, early into fall chicken.  Then on Tuesday, another iv of dye plus drinking two huge glasses of stuff - shudder - for a cat scan.  That's a lot of junk shot into my system and it took a few days to clear it out.  I feel good today too and I'm so excited.  My sweet daughter, Melanie, and I are about to start on a road trip.  Haven't done that since last football season to follow Logan's games. 

On the way home from the doctor on Tuesday, I picked up the box of cleanse I'll have to use the day before surgery.  I am here to say that, with all the advances made in medicine, there is absolutely no reason that someone can't come up with something easier to take.  This one is at least a little different than the one I had before the colonoscopy.  I would happily do a week of liquid diet to avoid that stuff.  Maybe if every medical researcher out there had to take that horrible stuff,  they would come up with something easier to use in a hurry.   I laughed when the pharmacist actually wanted to check my id before handing that box over to me.  I asked her if they were really worried that someone would try to steal that prescription.  If possible, I would probably pay someone to take it for me.   But, not to worry.  I'll suck it up when the day comes and be a good girl and do what I'm supposed to do.  Sigh...

Every day my Heavenly Father speaks to me through scripture.  I am sharing this one for each and every person out there overcoming cancer. 
"....being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion."
Philippians 1:6

I know He's not through with me yet. 

Precious Lord, thank You for giving me the strength and power to deal with this challenge that has come along in my life.  Thank You for giving me and every one fighting cancer today the knowing that there is more out there for us to do, that You aren't through with us yet.  Let each one of us be an example of your supernatural healing powers.
In Jesus' name.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment