Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 34 Countdown to Cancer Free

I'm wondering now if I should be counting days to surgery and being cancer free instead of counting the days since diagnosis.  Hmmm.  It's coming down to the wire.  One week from tomorrow...

Today started off a little shaky with me feeling really weepy.  My boy Chipper hurt himself somehow last night and couldn't get up.  He's been with me 14 years and, for a Golden Retriever, I know we're on borrowed time.  To say I panicked was an understatement but he eventually managed to get up and is fine this morning.  That sort of put a pall on things and then it was time to go to the hospital to register for next week's surgery.  Had to fight not to cry all the way into Sugar Land and especially walking into the building.  I prayed all the way in and then there was a beautiful sculpture of Jesus healing a kneeling woman in the entry and I really almost lost it at that point.  Once I was inside, I was okay.  I'm registered, more bloodwork done, and a chest xray completed.   One more test this afternoon back at the cardiologist and then I'm done with testing.

The lady who did my lab work was a little person.  Precious.  We talked my grandson and her son who is graduating Friday, going into the Army to be a field medic and hopefully go on to become a physician.   I talked lunch with the xray tech because I was getting hungry.  Discovered we both like pho since I was thinking about lunch at Pho Mai.  He told me about a place nearby with Vietnamese Sandwiches for only $2.00.  Then on the way out, a nice looking young man stopped me to ask for some money to take the metro back home from visiting his sister in the hospital.  Hmmm.  Now that I think about it, the metro doesn't come to Sugar Land.  Or at least I don't think it does.  Regardless, I guess he needed the money worse than I did so I'm grateful I had a few dollars to share.

One of the websites I visit daily had this verse posted today. 

"Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking, I will hear."
Isaiah 65:24

That is going to be my verse today to meditate on.  I just need to remind myself that He knows every thing I am feeling, my every care and concern.  For every concern there is an answer in the Bible.  All I have to do is take the time to look for it.  It's there.  I am so happy to have God in my life.  What do people do in my situation without Him?  I just can't even imagine...........

Heavenly Father, Thank You so much for being with me every second of every minute of every day.  You are the Alpha and the Omega.  You are everything.  I am so loved and so blessed and so cared for and I bow in gratitude to Your awesomeness.
Thank You Father for your healing spirit moving mightily within me and within every soul out there fighting this hated enemy.  Thank You for placing the strength within us to wage a valiant and victorious war against those destructive forces. 
In Jesus' name.
Amen




 

No comments:

Post a Comment