Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 20 I'm Sick Sick Sick of Doctors

Well, Jo Edwards, that isn't a very good attitude, is it? 
Maybe not but I am just about ready to scream "ENOUGH!"  I know how fortunate I am and that things could be worse and that I'm just getting started with this process.  But right now I feel tired and already have two drs scheduled for Monday, cat scan and dr visit scheduled for Tuesday.  It seems like every visit generates another visit.  I need to paint this morning and, instead, I just want to go back to bed and feel sorry for myself.  Poor little me.  Boo hoo hoo...............

Okay, Jo, shake off that crappy attitude.  Right now!  Thank You Father for loving me, for healing me and for picking me up and carrying me through this.  Thank You for my precious family and wonderful friends who are supporting me with prayer and whatever else I want.  Thank You for my priceless collectors who see the joy in my paintings and are willing to spend their hard earned money to own one of them and honor me by hanging that painting in their home where they will look at it every day.  I am most grateful, Father, that You know me and forgive me for my failures and shortcomings.  I am so blessed to be one of Your precious children and I love You. 

There, I feel much better.  After yesterday's appointment, I stopped by Tineke's house where she had a big pot of comforting bean soup bubbling on the stove.  After a bowl of that, we started on all the fruit she had for me to try.  First was lychee.  Oh my gosh, they're wonderful.  Small but sweet and juicy.  I'm smiling thinking about the ones she sent home with me that are now in the fridge waiting for a second try.  Next was my favorite, mangosteen.  Even better.  Why didn't I take pics of these for you?  I may do that.  Mangosteen was my favorite of everything.  Jack fruit was an unusual texture, but sweet and delicious.  Next was the dragon fruit.  This is a beautiful fruit that looks like someone took a paint brush to it turning the outside a bright purple with touches of green and yellow.  Cut into it and it's a beautiful whitish gel with black seeds.  Looks sort of like a jellied poppy seed dressing.  Looks yummy.  Taste?  Not so yummy.  Moving on, we finished up with pomelo which I've had before and is a delicious citrus.  I came home with a big bag of fruit, two containers of bean soup and a really full tummy.

Today, I am celebrating Mother's Day with my family.  We're going to church this evening, taking a family picture and then out to dinner.  Dinner may be a challenge.  This will be my first trip to a regular restaurant filled with the smell of sizzling steaks and fried foods.  I have pretty much been vegan since I started this journey but not legalistic with it.  I had planned to have some grilled fish tonight but now I wonder if I even want to have fish.  I have worked so hard to keep my system alkaline and, even though fish is low on the acid scale, I don't know if I even want a tiny bit of it.  Almost three weeks of no sugar, no flour, no meat, no dairy and I've been pretty much okay with it.  I had an egg a couple of times and I did buy one KFC grilled chicken breast early on that I broke into two meals but that's been about it.  I guess I'll decide tonight and maybe find out how it is to eat vegan in a carnivore world.  Not to worry.  I can do it. 

Thank you Prayer Buddies for all your prayers for me and for the strong and victorious warriors against cancer that we've highlighted.  If you have a friend or family member fighting cancer, please let us include them in our prayers for healing.  Just send their first name and the type of cancer they're fighting to jedwardss@aol.com

Most of all, thank You, precious Lord, for another great and healing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment