Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 29 Taking A Break From Cancer

I left cancer behind this weekend and traveled with my sweet daughter, Melanie, to attend the graduation of a very special young woman who ...........  well, all I can say is write the name Jordan Bryan down somewhere because the world is going to hear from her.



I thought to take my routine with me and tried but, thankfully, it stayed behind.  I had a chance to visit with family that I usually only get to see every two or three years and it was wonderful.  I had a semi-normal meal at a restaurant of grilled tilapia, salad and steamed broccoli.  Nine hours in the car each way and, by the way, we were almost home before I broke down and had a small fountain Diet DP.   If you've followed my ramblings on this blog, you know that I am doing my best to keep my system alkaline in order to not give cancer any advantages before surgery.  Carbonated beverages are acid and I've had none for 28 days after it being my beverage of choice for years.  Oddly enough it didn't taste nearly as delicious as I thought it might but it was refreshing and gave me that little energy boost I needed.

My Melanie did all the driving - 9 hours each way and we hardly ever ran out of conversation or music to sing along with.  As an aside, my new favorite is Willie and Sheryl Crowe singing "Come On Up To The House."  I've played it on youtube over and over and over since I got home last night.  It was a tiring trip for both of us but so well worth the trip and neither of us would have missed it for anything.  Time with loved ones is restorative.   I highly recommend it.

Only one blood test scheduled for this week and I'm grateful.  Still waiting to hear from my surgeon on the catscan report from last week.  Does this scan show anything differently than the petscan from last month?  Is the tumor larger/smaller?  Does it show any suspicious place that the pet didn't?  If the pet can't show cancer smaller than 1cm, then will the cat show it if there is any?  Why didn't he just drop everything the second the report arrived in his office to study and call me with the results?  Doesn't he know how impatiently I'm waiting?

Thank You, precious Lord, for taking me away this weekend so I did not sit here and worry about the report from the cat scan.  Please forgive me my unbelief.  Please forgive me for forgetting that You aren't finished with me yet, that the best is yet to come and that You have me in the palm of Your hand today and every day and that by Your stripes, I AM HEALED.   Thank You for Your healing love that is moving within each of my friends fighting this terrible disease so valiantly and defeating it as a testimony to Your glory. 
In Jesus' name.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment