Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 17 Wonderful Wednesday

This is going to be a great day.  After two weeks of going back and forth to doctors appointments and Kroger every other day for fresh produce, I'm actually going out for lunch today.  My friends, Tineke and Teri, are taking me to a vegetarian Indian restaurant for lunch.  Woo Hoo.  Indian food relies heavily on using tumeric and ginger in their food.  These two spices are both touted to be a help in fighting cancer.

My friendships with Tineke and Teri go way back to my real estate days.  Tineke was Mom to my precious Rocky while Mel and I were in the hospital for the transplant and after for several weeks while Mel couldn't have pets in the house.  She then became Mom to my Chipper as well when I was out of town for an art show and is going to keep him for me through this surgery too.

Teri's daughter, Kristin, faced down cancer in high school and had a long struggle but now, years later, is doing well and has just been blessed with a precious baby girl.  When Kristin was given an opportunity for Make A Wish to grant her something special, she asked for a home in Africa to provide shelter  to the orphans that she and her Mom and sister visit and minister to each year.  Sounds impossible?  With God, all things are possible.  Good Morning America and other tv stations came calling and, in short, the home was built. To read more about this amazing young woman, you can go to www.kristinsheart.com .

Yesterday was an awesome day.  I felt really well.  I sang, and danced, and praised the Lord.  How could I have that nasty growth there in my abdomen, trying its best to destroy me when I feel like this? I painted and painted and painted.  Started two commissions and worked on 12 minis.  Should have cleaned house but that's for another day.  Loved my food.  Isn't that a huge surprise?  Watched Fashion Star last night and flipped between Dancing and The Voice.  Then I slept soundly, woke at 5, exercised with Gilad at 5:30 -well, did some of the exercise with Gilad- and now I'm getting ready to go paint some more.  Then off to my lunch. 

Many of you have mentioned to me that it's a pain to post a comment on the blog without having to have a user name, password, signing in, etc.  I understand.  Just send the names of your friends or family that are fighting cancer to me at jo@texasgalgallery.com or jedwardss@aol.com.  I feel honored to be able to pray for them and everyone that checks into this blog daily will be praying for them as well.

Thank You, Father, for blessing my wonderful friends and for blessing everyone who checks in here daily to join in prayer for these champions overcoming cancer.  And thank You, Father, for another great and healing day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment