Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 32 What Next?!

Well just great!  Now a bladder infection!!
That meant spending half the day yesterday getting checked for that, picking up meds and hoping they're the right ones but won't know for sure until the culture comes back on Friday.  I have to be totally free of infection before the surgery.  If not clear, then surgery will be delayed.  All the stress of the last few days shot my blood pressure up so I had to come home and hit the couch for the rest of the day.

Father, I am releasing this to You and putting it in Your hands because at this point I feel like the enemy is wearing me down.

My surgeon did call me early yesterday morning to make sure I was okay after all the back and forth and to reassure me that my well being was of the upmost concern to him.  That was comforting and I'm grateful for that.  I'm just feeling pressured. 

So much to do to get ready for this.   Do I have enough art finished for the galleries to carry me through until I can get back in the studio?  What all am I going to need to have here for recovery?  I know the drs prepare you for the worst and, God willing, that will not be the case for me but their picture of recovery isn't pretty.  Tons of stuff to buy for that.  And then there's my house.  Oh my gosh.  My policy is to never do housework if there's anything else that I can do instead.  I hate to clean house but I guess I'll have to just suck it up and get it done.  Wondering if I should rent a hospital bed?  Do I need it or is my bed high enough so as not to have to use tummy muscles standing up? 

Food isn't going to be an issue.  Broth, noodles, mashed potatoes, clear fruit juice and ensure.   Oh great.  That doesn't sound very healthy.   When can I start back on my supplements?  I don't want to be so weak that I give anything else a foothold in my system.   I think if I weren't fighting cancer I might go fix myself a big adult beverage right now.  I know, not the thing to do but............  So, I won't.  What I really need is some quiet time with my Creator but my mind won't slow down enough for me to connect.  I'm just going to have to walk and talk out loud with Him this morning knowing He's right here with me all the time.

Thank You precious Lord for being my comforter and my savior.  I just couldn't get through this without You.  It is all You, Lord.  All You.   Bless me today and every person out there fighting cancer, the dreaded enemy.  We know that Your healing hand is on our shoulders and we are grateful. 
In Jesus' name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment