Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 24 Rocking Out This Morning

The last two days have been pretty challenging for me.  No food, no coffee, tests and tests and more tests.  Good news is my heart is good to go for surgery.  It is strong, proud to serve and up for the challenge.  More tests scheduled but not until next week.  Thank goodness because I'm running on low today.

One of the side effects of colon cancer is chronic fatigue.  That's probably true of all cancers but I can only attest to this one and it doesn't take much to send me straight to the couch.  I have another lunch planned with supportive friends today and have been trying to figure out how to get myself going.  My answer?  Music!   I have zydeco going right now.  No, I'm not Cajun but I promise you can't have zydeco playing without it putting a smile on your face and you'll find you're moving first your head, then maybe your shoulders and your feet and then your whole body while clapping your hands.  Come to think of it, I have danced a lot lately.  I do my own dance to some of the music on Dancing With the Stars and with The Voice and with the oldies station on the television.  Can't think of any sort of happier exercise.  Okay, here it comes.  Turn up the sound on your computer and get ready to move.  "Don't Mess With My Toot Toot." 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ipI2qnUGuQ
Vintage John Fogarty and I promise it'll put a smile on your face and a giddyup in your getalong.  Ha ha ha.   For the followers in Russia, Australia, Netherlands and Germany, that is Texas Speak.   BJ Horsman and I went to New Orleans many years ago and I still have my Zydeco Jambalaya cd that I'm playing now.  Zydeco Rhumba.  Yeah, I can do that too.  

Okay, I'm ready to face this day with fun, energy and a skip in my step.   Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Thank You, precious Lord, for always showing me the way.  It's sometimes different for me than for others but You always know what I need and this fun, uplifting music is exactly what I need today.  I thank You so much for loving me and for your healing Spirit that is moving mightily within me right now and within all Your other children overcoming this ugly disease.  And thank You most of all, Lord, for another gorgeous, healing day.
In Jesus' name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment