Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 33 Wedding Day

No, not me but even better............   My precious baby girl is about to marry the man of her dreams, the man God chose for her and I couldn't be happier.    A small private ceremony so I made the perfect little cake for her.   The only "c" word to be mentioned today is "cake."


It's a Vanilla Cake with strawberry buttercream and covered in white chocolate fondant.  I made the flowers from sugar paste and the lace from the fondant.  I can't wait for her to see it.

There is something so restorative and healing for me in working with my hands and I think it probably is the same for most people.   Of course, not everything I work on turns out this well but most of my cakes do.  

So, my grandson is about to be here to pick me up so we can get this happy day started.   It's a happy day for all of us and that's all that matters.  I hope all of you reading this have a blessed and happy day as well.

Heavenly Father, thank You so much for the beautiful sunshine this morning as you bless this day for my precious daughter and her new husband.  Thank You Father for allowing me to be here to share in their joy.  I love You so much and am filled to overflowing with gratitude for all You have done for me and my family, for all You are doing and for all that You're going to do.  I love You Lord.  I love you.
In Jesus' name.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Jo, We are with you and your family in our hearts. Have a wonderful time at the wedding and I will mention the "C" word. THAT IS AN INCREDIBLE CAKE! Much too beautiful to eat. Love and Hugs, Mikki and Jack

    ReplyDelete