Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 18 God is Good ...All the Time

I loved my time yesterday with Tineke and Teri.  Kristin sent me one of her wrist bands from when she was fighting cancer with her favorite verse on it: 2 Corinthians 4: 17-18.  We had lunch at Bombay Cafe, then a trip to Hong Kong Grocery so Tineke could introduce me to some new green veggies that are predominent in Asian cooking and finally a stop at my favorite Ten Ren Tea to pick up a supply of real jasmine green tea.  If you're in the Houston area, it's a beautiful tea shop on the corner of Wilcrest and Bellaire. 

Of course, we talked "cancer" and laughed at how much we beat it up every chance we get.  Teri said they named Kristin's tumor Bob and they really railed on Bob so much that, by the time the tumor was removed, there were no live cancer cells in it.  I haven't named this irritating little devil inside of me but I can say that I bless every bite of food I take and every supplement I swallow to send it's fighting powers straight to that site to obliterate those cancer cells.

When we arrived home, a lady was walking in my neighborhood campaigning for her favorite candidate and it turned out to be a long time acquaintance of mine that I hadn't seen in several years.  Of course she asked how I was and I responded that with the exception of fighting colon cancer, I was doing great.  She then related her bout with cancer when she had a tiny bump removed from her eyelid and it turned out to be a malignancy and that the last five months were spent taking care of that.  Wow!  I feel like we're being invaded by the enemy and I have seen the face of the enemy and the enemy is cancer.  We have to obliterate it.  Three women at a table yesterday.  One of us with cancer, one whose daughter has beaten cancer and one whose mother has breast cancer.  It's almost overwhelming. 

After a "healing nap" :), I downloaded a list of healing scriptures to study this morning.  God is so good and so amazing in how He uses one thing to open my eyes to something else.  As I was reading some of the verses listed this morning, I thought to myself that they really don't speak to me at all.  That was okay because every single time God took my eyes past that scripture to one on the very same page that did speak to me.  He is just so good and I love Him so much.  His hand is everywhere present if we just open our eyes to see it.  Here is where He took me this morning and it speaks to me because, strangely enough,  I have been almost joyful through this journey.  It's Romans 5:3-5.  "But we also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom He has given us."   There is a song called Amazing Love and it says "In all I do I honor You."  I can only hope that I am giving God the honor He deserves in this journey.  Thank you for joining me in that endeavour.

Today, please hold up my friend JoAnn in your prayers.  She has just won her war against cancer and let's place a hedge of protection around her today so that it never returns. 

And thank You, Father God, for another opportunity to honor you throughout this great and glorious and healing day.
Jo
jedwardss@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment